- Kim Sabin is a birth & postpartum doula, breastfeeding educator, and a bereavement specialist serving the Washington County area.
EDUCATIONAL SERVICE DISTRICT 112
- assists families, child care providers and community partners in providing quality early learning programs and professional development opportunities throughout the ESD 112 region.
AMAZING BIRTH OREGON
- offers comprehensive childbirth classes, designed for first time parents and those who have previously had a medicated or cesarean birth.
LA LECHE LEAGUE
- helps mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
- promotes nurturing touch and communication through training, education, and research so that parents, caregivers and children are loved, valued, and respected throughout the United States and the world community.
THE TOUCH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- the first center in the world devoted solely to the study of touch and its application in science and medicine. The TRI distinguished team of researchers, representing Duke, Harvard, Maryland, and other universities, strive to better define touch as it promotes health and contributes to the treatment of disease.
CHILDREN'S HOME SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON
- services include adoption, early learning, foster care, family support, child and family counseling, and advocacy.
EARLY SUPPORT FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS (ESIT)
- Washington State Department of Early Learning program designed to be the first point of contact for any parents concerned about the development of their children 0-3 years old.
NICU HELPING HANDS
- provides expanded support services and education for parents and family members of NICU patients.
SPECIAL KIDS, SPECIAL CARE
– provides health support services for parents through online- and at-home services and family support grants.
NATIONAL DISSEMINATION CENTER FOR CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
– provides information and resources for toddlers and children with disabilities.
- offers information about PPD and support resources.
POSTPARTUM SUPPORT INTERNATIONAL
– provides current information, resources, education, and to advocate for further research and legislation to support perinatal mental health.
, a free web resource that provides information about addiction and mental health issues. Check out their most recent 'Pregnancy Guide
' and 'Alcohol page
- provide pertinent information related to addiction recovery and treatment centers including directory of more than 8,000 listings across the United States.
SINGLE MOTHERS GRANTS
- a site that helps financially disadvantaged families with finding assistance programs. This directory lists assistance programs that help with utility, energy, mortgage,
rent, medication, education and medical bills.
- operated by the statewide non-profit organization WithinReach, and helps Washington State families find services in their communities and apply for health insurance, food assistance programs and more. The website also provides important health information for pregnant women, children and families.
ZERO TO THREE
- here you will find the resources you need to build healthy relationships with infants and toddlers, grow your skills as a professional and become an advocate for change.
SAFE KIDS WORLDWIDE
- global organization dedicated to protecting kids from unintentional injuries, the number one cause of death to children in the United States. Check out ‘The Ultimate Car Seat Guide
’ on the website.
MARCH OF DIMES
– provides information around pregnancy, birth defects, prematurity, and research around these designated fields.